Mash together half the cilantro, half the onion, half the chilli, and a pinch of salt in the bottom of a medium-size bowl. Add the avocados and gently mash with a fork until chunky-smooth. Fold the remaining cilantro, onion, and chilli into the mixture.
Stir in the tomatoes and lime juice, adjust the seasonings to taste, and serve with a basket of warm tortilla chips.
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tsp yellow onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp jalapeno or serrano chilies, minced
- 2 large ripe avocadoes, peeled and seeded
- 2 Tbsp plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- Warm tortilla chips for serving