Spiced Baked Pumpkin Salad
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Place garlic, cumin, chillies, vinegar and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute. Place in a bowl with the sweet soy sauce, olive oil and sesame oil.
Lay the pumpkin wedges on a large, lined baking tray. Brush with a little olive oil and season. Roast for 10 minutes until almost tender. Remove and brush with half the marinade.
Heat a char-grill over high heat and grill the pumpkin for 2-3 minutes, each side, until lightly charred and tender. Place on a serving platter and drizzle with the remaining sweet soy marinade.
Garnish with coriander, crispy shallots and extra chilli.
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 small red chillies, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 1/3 C rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1/4 C olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pumpkin, seeds removed and cut into wedges
- 2 C coriander leaves
- Fried Asian shallots, to serve