Chilled Spiced Tomato Soup
Gently sauté the onion in the oil until soft. Add garlic and ginger, and cook a further minute. Pour in the tomato juice and add chilli powder to taste. Bring to a boil while stirring, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the coriander, recover and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Puree and strain through a sieve. Leave to cool.
Stir in the soya cream, cover and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 1L tomato juice
- 1/2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 100ml soy cream