We're looking an awesome person to join our team at SAFE!
Programme Coordinator – Eat Kind
Are you experienced in media relations, passionate about making a difference for animals with a keen interest in promoting a vegan lifestyle?
If so, come join us for a unique opportunity!
Reporting to the Director of Research and Education, you will be primarily focused on executing the strategic plan for SAFE EAT KIND, tracking and evaluating the goals and KPIs on a quarterly basis, and developing the annual plan for the following year in consultation with the Director of Research and Education.
- able to keep abreast of key developments in public communications, the third sector, and relevant events to ensure SAFE’s EAT KIND activities are audience appropriate and on par with resources developed by other leading organisations;
- a visionary and strategic thinker; and
- able to create and implement strategies, and drive and manage change effectively.
We’d also like to see:
- exceptional communication skills, with the ability to produce compelling promotional materials, research and write briefs, media releases, fact sheets and external communications such as letters, leaflets, email, web and multimedia content; and
- someone who can manage and nurture relationships with other organisations, public institutions, and community groups who are interested in promoting vegetarian and vegan lifestyles.
You will definitely have:
A passion for our purpose: to work towards a world where animals are understood and respected in such a way that they are no longer exploited, abused or made to suffer.
And you will be:
- Vegan; and
- have knowledge and a genuine interest in animal welfare and rights.
If you join the team at SAFE, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from the most experienced and influential animal advocates in New Zealand. You will wake up each day knowing that you are part of a passionate team dedicated to making a real difference.
The position is fixed term for 12 months and can be based in Christchurch or Wellington. It is part-time, 24 hours a week.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm New Zealand time on 3 January 2018.
13 December 2017