Cranberry Jewelled 'Cheese' Balls
- Combine soaked cashews, water, lemon juice and probiotic capsules in high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Line a strainer with cheese cloth, pour cashew mixture into the cheesecloth. Cover and let cheese mixture sit out overnight allowing 8-12 hours to ferment to create that delicious cheese ﬂavour.
- Take basic nut cheese mixture and fold in nutritional yeast, garlic, dried sage, dried thyme salt, pepper and pumpkin seeds. Make sure ingredients are mixed in well. If mixture is very soft, place in refrigerator for 10-20 minutes.
- Shape into either one large ball (recommended) or smaller individual balls.
- Roll balls into dried cranberries, covering the entire ball. Refrigerate for a couple of hours to ﬁrm.
Thanks to Rachel Mar for this recipe.
- 2 C cashew, soaked 4-6 hours and rinsed well
- ½ C water
- ½ lemon, juice from lemon
- 1 probiotic sachet
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic, ﬁnely minced
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- Pinch of cracked pepper
- ½ C pumpkin seeds
- 1 C dried cranberries