Tutti Frutti Quinoa Salad with Pesto
For the pesto:
Place the dried ingredients in a food processor, and process finely chopped, then gradually add the oil until a thick paste forms. Season with salt. Set aside.
After griddle-panning the eggplant, pepper and zucchini, set them aside in bowls.
Add the salad ingredients (except the citrus juice and quinoa) into a large serving bowl of your choice. Add the quinoa on one side and the pesto on the other. Toss gently. Add the citrus juices, toss again and serve at room temperature.
Thanks to Mouth Watering Vegan for the recipe.
- Zest of an orange
- Zest of a lime
- Juice of half an orange
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sized zucchini, chopped
- ½ C red quinoa, cooked, drained and set aside
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- ¼ C raisins
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 1½ C sweetcorn
- 2 handfuls fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 12 walnuts
- 2 sundried tomato, halved
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of Himalayan salt